Shin Kum Rye(1929~) is the first graduate of Ewha Womans University’s College of Find Arts, the first art college in Korea, and has been a leader in gathering and leading the voices of Korean female artists since graduation in 1949. She is still a painter who paints today. In the summer of 2020, “SHIN KUM RYE, 畫意,” presented as a special exhibition at the whanki museum, was intended to reflect on the depth and value of Shin Kum Rye’s artistic journey as a Korean artist, and to love and draw pictures, so she tried not to let go of the brush until now after the Japanese colonial period, liberation, the Korean War, and let’s share the feelings and joy of painting with the painter. Under the walls where the stories of our lives flow, on the trail of the hills, on the side of the quiet backyard, dandelions, thistles, gilt flowers, and trumpet flowers, which are inadvertently excessive, but are welcome to meet on the way, to the eyes raised, and sometimes breathe with the material that will soothe our deep sighs, accompanied by today’s ceremony.
SHIN KUM RYE, 畫意
2020. 06. 12 - 2020. 08. 02
- Discount – Artist Passcard 20% / Culture Day 30%
- Free – Welfare Cardholder / Preschool Child (under 7, accompanied by a guardian) / ICOM Card Holder
- Group – 12,000 won (Applicable if there are more than 20 people / telephone reservation are required)
[Precautions before entering]
- Those who do not wear a mask are not allowed to enter.
- Children under the age of 7 must hold the guidance’s hand during the visit.